Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Historic Langhorne




Today I went to the historic section of Langhorne which is just a few miles from Newtown. It's nice quiet place with friendly people. After I parked my car and started walking I saw an older guy wearing a barber's smock standing in front of an old barber shop that had a spinning barber pole. He nodded and said hello, I walked around and took a few pictures then came back to get a haircut. The Barber shop is called Buddy's Barber shop and the guy that said hello was Buddy a really nice guy. Buddy had a customer but his apprentice(whose name I can't remember) cut my hair. During the the haircut they both welcomed me to the area and gave suggestions for things to do. Buddy invited me to watch the annual memorial day parade from his shop. Later I met another couple who were hanging potted flowers along the street and they gave me directions to a revolutionary war burial ground and told me that the local coffee shop was a makeshift hospital during the revolution.

2 comments:

Lee Spangler said...

James Thanks for visiting me and reading my post. I love U.S. History and especially about Washington and have read much about Washington's 1st crossing of the Delaware and these amazing battles with primarily Hessen soldiers that begins to turn the tide for the Continental army. Even though most of the dead there were Hessens,it doesn't matter..... "I have seen enough of one war never to wish to see another."
Thomas Jefferson
This seems like a wonderful community for you and I wish you well in your new endeavor.

Cezar and Léia said...

wow James! Great post!
Your pictures are wonderful!
I don't know what is happening with my google here, because it seems crazy and it doesn't up date my list of blog friends! Damn...ops sorry!
I hope it getting better soon
Léia